At a time when when many of my friends are feeling despair maybe its worth having a think about this approach to life and moving forward with a balance of confidence and compassion?
Art of Living Universe
1. You know there are ups and downs in life. Pleasant things happen, unpleasant things happen. The first principle is: In all situations, keep the balance of the mind.
Often what happens, when things go our way, we are so happy. But when things don’t go our way, we get depressed and angry. To maintain equanimity is the first principle.
2. The next principle is to accept people as they are. Accept difference; it could be temperament, ideology, whatever. Accept them as they are. A very important principle.
3. The third principle is, don't be a football of others’ opinions. Don’t worry what others are thinking about you. In fact, nobody has time to think about you. Look into yourself and see what is right and what is not right for you, by yourself.
4. The next point is, don’t see intention behind others' mistakes. Very important. Inside every culprit there is a victim crying for help. Recognizing that.
5. And live in the present moment.
These are the basic five things that we have to keep in mind.
What happens with these basic principles? Three things happen. Purity of heart, clarity of mind, and sincerity in action. That’s all.
Shared by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar — with Konark Modi and Nidhi Ladia.